People. Stop everything and make this for supper tonight or tomorrow or whenever you need a fast and tasty meal. The household invented this on Sunday when we realized we had 1) excellent pimiento cheese (handmade by GiGi’s Gourmet); 2) leftover roasted chicken; 3) half of an onion that I found on the kitchen table; and 4) a bottle of Trader Joe’s enchiladas sauce.
Sent the husband to the store to pick up a) 8″ round tortillas; b) a container of ricotta cheese; c) some shredded cheese.
To make this:
You do this:
- 8 oz high quality, preferably homemade pimiento cheese
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded cooked (leftover) chicken
- ½ of an onion, sliced into half-rounds
- fajita seasoning or your fav Tex-Mex seasoning
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 bottle of enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese – whatever you have
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9×13 or 10×14 glass dish with cooking spray for your own sanity afterward.
- Pour just a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan and swirl around. For flavor.
- In a bowl, mix the pimiento cheese and the ricotta cheese together so it’s light and fluffy.
- In a small skillet, sautee the sliced onion in a little butter until it’s golden brown. Throw in the chicken and some fajita seasoning and heat through while you’re doing steps 1-3.
- Prepare your enchilada making station: A flat surface for rolling, plus a stack of tortillas, the chicken & onion mixture, and the cheese mixture.
- Spread each tortilla with a couple tablespoons of the pimiento cheese mixture then add a couple tablespoons of chicken and onion. Roll and place seam-side-down in baking dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the rest of the enchilada sauce. Then top that with the cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 20min or until the cheese on top is bubbly and golden brown and everything is really hot. If the cheese browns too fast, cover with foil (I accidentally added the cheese halfway through so maybe you should do that.)
Oh wow it looks so good!
LikeLiked by 1 person